CAPS Global Partnership Fund
We encourage you to donate to the Canadian Association of Paediatric Surgery Global Partnership Fund.
The Global Partnership Fund supports research and innovation by:
Encouraging CAPS and its members to engage in projects, education, research, advocacy and partnerships that are in the global realm of the provision of Pediatric Surgery to populations without adequate access to pediatric surgical care.
- To receive, consider and approve where deemed appropriate, in concert with the Education Committee’s applications for Travelling Fellowship awards.
- To develop a CAPS Global Pediatric Surgery Scholar Program.
- To receive, consider and approve, where deemed appropriate, other requests for CAPS support as pertains to CAPS activities globally.
- To maintain a list of CAPS members who are participants in Global Pediatric Surgery or who are interested in becoming involved.
- To maintain a repository of CAPS Global Pediatric Surgery opportunities and ongoing projects and to maintain this repository on our website.
- To sponsor from time to time special presentations at the CAPS annual meeting that highlight CAPS participation in Global Pediatric Surgery. This may include visiting speakers.
- To collaborate with other organizations that also have Global Outreach/International Pediatric Surgery interests.
- To initiate and/or facilitate Global Pediatric Surgery projects, including education, research, advocacy and partnerships.
- To develop criteria that would allow pediatric surgeons from low and middle income countries to attend CAPS meetings at a reduced cost.
- To forge links to governments and other agencies to influence policy that affect access to global pediatric surgical care.
The Global Partnership Fund of the Canadian Association of Paediatric Surgeons is registered with the Federal Government and all contributions are fully tax deductible. The Fund is audited annually.
Donate to the Global Partnership Fund